
(Taken 2 years before and seen 27 years after I was born. Indeed, life is strange.)
在這個"事件"如暴風雪驟臨的時代,如果下定決心要抓住每一片雪花,是不是一件會使人崩潰的事? 倒不如苦中作樂,找個藏身的安全角落,然後好好欣賞每一片剛好落到手中的雪花兒吧。
Here is the event No.(?) of today.
剛剛讀到村上春樹的Jazz Messenger,由Jay Rubin翻譯成英文,大約是一個月前刊載於N.Y.Times的,在生日前讀到這篇文章,就當成是村上先生送我的禮物唄~"~。
文章的內容就留給大家自己品味,我只隨意地摘錄其中的一小段。
One of my all-time favorite jazz pianists is Thelonious Monk.Once, when someone asked him how he managed to get a certain special sound out of the piano, Monk pointed to the keyboard and said:
“It can’t be any new note. When you look at the keyboard, all the notes are there already. But if you mean a note enough, it will sound different. You got to pick the notes you really mean!”
I often recall these words when I am writing, and I think to myself, “It’s true. There aren’t any new words. Our job is to give new meanings and special overtones to absolutely ordinary words.” I find the thought reassuring. It means that vast, unknown stretches still lie before us, fertile territories just waiting for us to cultivate them.
其實不太知道要摘錄哪一段,因為村上先生的文章,就如同他自己所形容的,希望是一串完整、美妙又流暢的音符,所以無法剪輯,只能一口氣聽完。
沒有留言:
張貼留言