(圖片來源: Wikipedia)昨天匆匆忙忙地、囫圇吞棗地放上Plain White T's的video,根本來不及仔細地聽這首歌,Hey There Delilah。
果然是姐妹,小劉推薦的曲子,剛好都是我喜歡的曲風,(小劉的上一首推薦曲是Daniel Powter的Bad Day,也是很好聽,fit my ear ~"~)。一開啟YouTube,馬上可以流暢地聽下去,然後不停地按replay,從昨天中午到現在,我已經屬不清聽了幾次這首歌。
剛開始聽,其實覺得沒什麼驚奇,感覺有點英倫樂團的感覺,就淡淡的曲風,簡單的樂器,緊湊的歌詞,主唱不停地唱著"Oh, it's what you do to me..." 等到理解歌詞的內容之後,才慢慢地進入歌曲裡。
原來這首歌是一個男孩在唱著他的心聲,對遠在紐約的女友唱出他的感情,不管距離多遠,他對她的感情一樣強烈,一遍又一遍地,藉著歌聲告訴她,他們的愛情不會變。搭配著時代廣場為背景的錄影帶與海報,一個女孩獨自走在時代廣場(?)上。
男孩的歌聲中表達出堅定的信念,即使時間與空間改變了,他們的愛情也不會變。或許,也有一部分的不安是隱藏在歌詞與聲音背後的,這份不安隨著女孩到了紐約,然後慢慢擴散到整個城市,雖然喧囂與忙碌將這情緒遮掩住了,但還是能看到它的痕跡,可能是一張熟悉臉孔的照片,卻有著陌生的表情與場景,也可能是距離紐約千里外的房間裡,抱著吉他自彈自唱所寫下的音符。
Anyway,只是一首歌,短暫地上了排行榜,很快地,也會消失在隊伍之外。就像我的27歲生日一樣,很快很快,就會成為記憶裡一個模糊的小黑點,然後消失不見。
---
Hey There Delilah
Hey there Delilah
What's it like in New York City
I'm a thousand miles away
but girl tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true
Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice it's my disguise
I'm by your side
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me
Hey there Delilah
I know times are getting hard
But just believe me girl
Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would
My word is good
Hey there Delilah
I've got so much left to say
If every simple song I wrote to you
Would take your breath away
I'd write it all
Even more in love with me you'd fall
We'd have it all
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
and we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have felt this way
Delilah I can promise you
That by the time that we get through
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame
Hey there Delilah
You be good and don't you miss me
Two more years and you'll be done with school
And I'll be making history like I do
You know it's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah here's to you
This one's for you
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me
---
沒有留言:
張貼留言